COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Severe storms rolled through North Mississippi, leaving a trail of damage in Columbus.
Lowndes County EMA Cindy Lawrence says only a dozen people were reported without power.
One resident says he was making his wife coffee and was seconds from being under a tree that slammed through their house.
“I had just punched the coffee pot to make her a cup of coffee because I knew that would be the first thing she wanted. When I looked out of the window I saw pine trees a couple houses down swirling really bad. I told them to get in the hall now and I was on my way to the hall when the tree came in through the back window.”
Lawrence says there were no injuries reported during the storm.
- Some damage reported in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Accused burglar arrested in Lowndes County
- Reward increased for Lowndes County escapee
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- No injuries in Lowndes County house fire
- Woman charged with Lowndes County burglary
- Arrest made in Lowndes County home invasion