WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA)-- A home was damaged early Wednesday morning near Louisville.
Mary Adams and her husband were both asleep when a huge tree limb fell into their bedroom missing the both of them.
It all happened, they say, around 2:30 a.m. after they heard loud wind noise with thunder and lightning.
But the couple as well as the rest of the family were in good spirits during the afternoon as members of the local fire department came by to put a tarp over the damage part of the house.
"Oh Lord, I just heard something loud like someone was trying to break in my window. Next thing I know, I heard a crash and by the time I screamed and got my husband up, it was too late. The tree come through the window, made my mirror fall while I was sleeping. If I had been any closer, it would have took me out." Mary Adams responded.
The Adams family lives on Brooksville Road just east of Louisville.
- Louisville .family recovering from storm damage
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- PHOTOS: Tuesday storms cause damage
- Louisville woman arrested following casino hotel stabbing
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect bonds out
- Louisville murder suspect now in custody
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- Memorial Day crash kills Louisville woman
- Storms cause some damage in NE Mississippi