TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – The longtime opinion page editor for The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal has passed away.
Joe Rutherford died on Tuesday at the age of 69. He died of complications from diabetes.
“His voice helped guide the opinions and progress of Northeast Mississippi, especially Tupelo,” stated the City of Tupelo. “His Tupelo Spirit will be missed.”
Pegues Funeral Home is handling the funeral arrangements.
A celebration of life is scheduled to begin at 2 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2018, at First Presbyterian Church in Tupelo. Visitation will begin at noon in the church's McFadden Hall.
Memorials can be made to First Presbyterian Church on West Jefferson Street in Tupelo.
- Funeral arrangements set for longtime journalist
- Funeral arrangements set for Oxford teacher
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective
- Funeral arrangements set for local flight nurse killed in copter crash
- Longtime Starkville attorney passes away
- Funeral services set for Alabama officer killed in crash
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires
- Longtime football coach Jimmy Mitchell dies
- Vigil planned, funeral set for 14-year-old teen shot by sibling
- Longtime state lawmaker recognized after nearly 4 decades