STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Three local cities have been named some of Mississippi’s safest cities, according to SafeHome.org.
The results are based on a population of at least 8,000.
Oxford was ranked the fourth safest city, followed by West Point at seven and Starkville at eight.
The City of Petal was ranked the safest city in the state.
The website looked at the FBI’s latest crime report in each city over a single year, as well as the cities’ crime trends. The website also looked at the number of law enforcement officers compared to the cities’ population.
- Local cities named some of Mississippi's safest
- Briggs named Mississippi Valley State University president
- State Rep. Gipson named Mississippi agriculture commissioner
- Mississippi names top teacher and school administrator
- Rienzi native named president of Mississippi College
- Ala. governor names new local judge
- Mississippi city's mayor opposes relocating zoo
- Mississippi Main Street announces local award winners
- Medical building named for Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant
- Mississippi governor names Shad White as new state auditor