OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A judge has sentenced a Vice Lord gang member in Columbus to 10 years in federal prison following two gang-related shootings.
The U.S. attorney's office says the sentence comes after Darmarcus Fisher pleaded guilty to possession of ammunition.
According to prosecutors, the ammo came from a gun fired on March 7, 2016, when those two shootings happened.
They say the shootings were between the Vice Lords and the Black Gangster Disciples.
- Gang member sentenced in connection with gang-related shootings
- Local police respond to street gang threat assessment
- Men sentenced in connection with robberies of pizza delivery drivers
- Bonds set for juveniles charged in connection with shooting
- Report: Man arrested in connection to shooting at Memphis mall
- Two people arrested in connection with Verona shooting
- Louisville teen arrested in connection with Starkville apartment shooting
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- Lee County sees first cold-related death