TAMPA, Fla. (WTVA) - A federal judge has sentenced an Iuka man to prison in connection with child sex activity.
Clayton Junior Thornburg, 55, was sentenced to 28 years in federal prison for attempting to entice a minor to engage in sexual activity, attempting to transfer obscene material to a minor, transporting child porn and being a registered sex offender who committed another sex offense involving a minor.
He was found guilty on Nov. 7, 2017.
Between August and November 2015, he communicated online with an undercover officer who Thornburg believed was a 13-year-old girl.
He was accused of expressing interesting in having sex with the "child," as well as sending pornographic photos and videos.
He is a convicted sex offender and was on probation for possession of child porn in Illinois at the time of the offenses.
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- UPDATE: Wanted man in custody following Iuka shooting
- Iuka man accused of setting fire in Alabama
- UPDATED: Bizarre gun suicide at Iuka Hospital
- Arrest expected soon following Iuka shooting
- Iuka facility plays part in Mars mission
- Iuka plans clean-up day on Saturday
- Court appearance for man charged with sex crimes against child
- Starkville man sentenced for sexual battery of child