FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Itawamba Community College freshman football player Zion Ford died on Sunday, February 11.
The school confirmed Ford's death via social media but did not release any details surrounding Ford's death.
Ford,19, a Caledonia native, played in six games for the Indians in 2017.
On Monday, ICC released an official statement on Ford's death.
"Our hearts go out to Zion's family," said ICC Head Coach Sean Cannon. "Not only was Zion a great teammate, he was a great kid away from the game of football. Like everyone that knew him, we are hurting and asking that everyone keep his family in their prayers during this difficult time."
"On behalf of our administration, coaches and student-athletes, we want to express our condolences to Zion's family and friends," said ICC President Dr. Jay Allen.
No information has been released concerning specifics of Ford's death.
"At this time, the college cannot currently provide any more details or information on Ford's passing," the college stated.
A prayer vigil has been planned for Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at the Crane Pavilion on the Fulton campus.
- UPDATE: ICC family grieves following student-athlete's death
- New Hope High School grieves loss of student
- Students, recruiters attend job fair at ICC in Belden
- ICC to reschedule mock drill
- ICC sophomore named semifinalist for prestigious scholarship
- Prayer vigil held for ICC football player
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- UPDATE: Jury sentences Wilbanks to death
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County deaths investigated as homicide
- UPDATE: Columbus toddler's death ruled accidental