LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - According to Union County Fire Coordinator Steve Coker, a metal hay barn just over the Lee County line caught fire Tuesday night. Coker says Union County firefighters also responded to the fire because it was so close to the county line.
Birmingham Ridge Fire Chief B.J. Buse confirms the barn was located on County Road 2424 in Lee County. He says his department also responded.
According to Buse, the owner said to let the barn burn because it wasn't worth the risk to extinguish it. He says the barn is a total loss.
- Hay barn burns in overnight fire
- No Injuries In Overnight Brush Fire
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- One person dies in overnight house fire
- Family loses home in overnight house fire
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- One injured following accident on Barnes Crossing Extended
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak