TUPELO, Miss. (WTTVA) – A Guntown man has been sentenced following the death of a woman earlier this year.
On April 15, human remains were found near County Road 2350 near Saltillo. Those remains were later identified as Lynda Pope Reed, 38.
The investigation led to David Wayne Fisher III being charged with murder.
On Thursday, November 9, Fisher entered a guilty plea to second-degree murder for the death of Reed, reports Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson.
Fisher was sentenced to 40 years with 25 of those years suspended and 15 years to serve day-for-day.
Lynda Pope Reed
- Guntown man sentenced for death of Lynda Pope Reed
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown
- Special football night for Guntown student
- Color Run to help Guntown Middle build new multipurpose building
- Man sentenced in dog attack deaths
- Former Ole Miss Rebel Justin Reed dies
- Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade a holiday hit
- UPDATE: Jury sentences Wilbanks to death
- Ole Miss' Khayat receives Winter-Reed award for educational excellence
- Man sentenced for stealing lawn care equipment