GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) - One Grenada couple and city leaders are thankful after a family was rescued from an early morning kitchen fire.
WABG-TV reports the fire happened Friday, July 6 shortly before 4 a.m. at 59 Long Williams Street.
While en route, dispatchers notified firefighters that two people were still inside the home, trapped near a window.
Using an ax, two firefighters opened the window and rescued the two from the burning home.
Once the couple was rescued from the residence, emergency personnel began first aid on the victims for smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Grenada couple rescued from burning home
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Third suspect arrested following Grenada shooting
- Two charged in Grenada County beating
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- Six escape their burning home near Eupora
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire