TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A local restaurant is asking for help before Monday to make sure some local nursing home residents have a gift for Christmas.
Chick-fil-A in Tupelo has had a Golden Angel Tree for 18 years.
That’s where people can commit to buying gifts for one of the residents at five local nursing homes — one in Amory, one in Okolona, and three in Tupelo.
And if you don't like to shop, there's a way you can participate online.
"You can go to our Golden Angel Tree site," says restaurant owner Jamey Finley, who adds that people can make a donation there so the restaurant can buy the gifts.
Chick-fil-A will then take the gifts to the nursing homes for a Christmas party designed to help bring a little joy to senior citizens who are often forgotten or to younger residents who may have had some kind of a brain injury or a similar impairment.
However, the restaurant says there are a lot of people listed on the tree still without gifts and the deadline to have gifts back is Monday, December 11.
In all, there are 375 angels on the tree, which can be found inside the restaurant.
- Many nursing home residents still not adopted on Golden Angel Tree with deadline looming
- Tree falls on Aberdeen home
- Man charged with burglarizing home of nursing home patient
- Former nursing home care worker sentenced in theft case
- Man charged with assault in shooting outside nursing home
- Tree falls on a home trapping a couple inside
- Citywide gun ordinance adopted in Verona
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Nurses bring prom to Shannon student
- More than 1,000 baskets prepared for guardian angel program