FLINT, Mich. (WTVA) - The fourth West Point kidnapping suspect is headed back to Mississippi.
Dequan Upchurch had been sitting in the Genesee County jail in Flint, Michigan, since January 9.
Jail officials say Upchurch was released into the custody of Clay County on Wednesday.
Upchurch had been on the run since being named one of four suspects in a November kidnapping and armed robbery of a family in the Pine Bluff Community.
The U.S. Marshals captured Upchurch in the Flint area which is more than 800 miles from West Point.
Michigan court officials say Upchurch waived his right to an extradition hearing at his arraignment on a fugitive from justice charge on January 25.
A prison transport service is bringing Upchurch back to Mississippi.
Three other men have already been arrested and charged in the case.
- Fourth West Point shooting suspect headed back to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made for West Point shooting
- Third West Point shooting suspect arrested
- UPDATE: Bond set for suspect in West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for West Point shooting suspect
- Bond set for third West Point shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for West Point shooting
- West Point police search for burglary suspect
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi