STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Starkville police, along with U.S. marshals, were able to arrest a Columbus man on several child sex crimes.
On Wednesday, the two agencies worked together to arrest 37-year-old Lacey McBeath of Columbus.
According to Starkville police, he was arrested on warrants for the enticement of a child to meet for sexual purposes and the enticement of a child to produce a visual depiction of sexual conduct.
He was later released on a $50,000 bond.
According to the Starkville Daily News, McBeath is a former teacher at Armstrong Middle School. The Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District confirms McBeath is no longer an employee of the district.
- Former Starkville teacher charged with child sex crimes
- Starkville police charge 18-year-old with sex crimes
- Court appearance for man charged with sex crimes against child
- Man charged with sex crimes in Verona
- Court date set for former Starkville teacher charged with fraud
- Starkville woman faces felony charges
- Bond set for Grenada man charged with 45 sex crimes
- Former Kossuth coach now charged with federal sex crime
- Aberdeen man arrested for sex crimes
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown