ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The former chief of the Farmington Volunteer Fire Department has pleaded guilty to embezzling from the organization.
David Boren, 48, pleaded guilty during a hearing Thursday in Alcorn County Circuit Court.
The judge ordered Boren to repay more than $103,000 related to the missing funds.
He must also serve five years probation.
The judge says if Boren abides by the conditions of repaying the loan and staying out of trouble while on probation, the charge will be removed from his record.
- Former Farmington fire chief pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Volunteer fire chief charged with embezzlement
- Starkville man charged with embezzlement
- Man pleads guilty to setting woman's home on fire
- Attorney pleads guilty to charges following Iuka law office fire
- Man pleads not guilty to killing birds
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Accused bank robber expected to plead guilty