OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – Former District Attorney Larry Little of Oxford says he will be a candidate for the open spot of Chancery Court judge for the 18th district.
The 18th district includes Benton, Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall and Tippah counties.
The general election is this coming fall.
Little was the district attorney for the third judicial district for 10 years. He currently practices law with the Lawrence L. Little and Associates firm.
He also serves as Oxford municipal judge, a position he has held for 18 years.
Current Chancellor Glen Alderson indicates he will not seek re-election.
- Former DA Larry Little to seek chancery judge position
- Hatcher announces he won't run for reelection as chancery judge
- Gov. Bryant appoints Saltillo resident as First District Chancery Court judge
- Correction: New Judge story
- Victims' father tries to attack Larry Nassar in courtroom
- DA: No charges planned for officer who shot, killed teen
- Family of Amiya Braxton to present petition signatures to DA
- Aberdeen alderman's position may be in jeopardy
- Human remains found in burned vehicle positively ID'd