CALHOUN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Henry Lackey has passed away.
The Mississippi Supreme Court confirmed his passing this morning in Calhoun City.
Lackey is best known as the judge whose integrity led to the downfall of famed trial lawyer Dickie Scruggs and several colleagues.
He was 83 years old.
A funeral service will be held Sunday, Aug. 19 at 2 p.m. at First Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Visitation will be 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, at the church.
Pryor Funeral Home in Calhoun City is in charge of arrangements.
- Former Calhoun County Circuit Court Judge Henry Lackey dies
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Several arrested during Calhoun County drug roundup
- Attempted murder arrest made in Calhoun County
- Scam number dials 911 in Calhoun County
- Arrest made for Calhoun County burglaries
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- No injuries in Calhoun County trailer fire
- Sheriff: Two bridges closed in Calhoun County