BIGGERSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – A firefighter was injured this weekend while fighting a house fire in Alcorn County.
The fire happened the night of New Year’s Eve on County Road 418.
Biggersville Fire & Rescue Chief Jonathan Rider confirms Assistant Chief Tim Tyson was injured from falling debris as he tried to enter the house to search for occupants. However, no one was home. He was hit on the back of the neck.
Tyson was pulled to safety and taken to Magnolia Regional Health Center in Corinth for treatment. He was later discharged Monday morning in good condition.
Rider says Tyson is already back at the station volunteering his time.
- Firefighter back at work after being injured at house fire
- Firefighter injured responding to Lowndes County house fire
- Firefighters respond to unoccupied house fire
- Firefighters battle Lee County house fire
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Man injured in Tupelo house fire
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- UPDATE: Injured Tupelo firefighter in good spirits
- Firefighters battle mobile home fire
- No one injured in New Albany house fire