UPDATE 03/02/18 - Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the victim is in stable condition after being shot.
NOXUBEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A father bonded out of the Noxubee County jail after being accused of shooting his son.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says the incident happened Thursday before noon in the Butler community. He says it appears an argument of some sort sparked the shooting.
The son, who Grassaree identifies as 35-year-old Antonio Matheny, was found lying outside the home on Butler Road and Highway 490.
Grassarree says his father is the one who called 911.
Matheny's condition remains unknown at this time. He was taken to a hospital in Meridian.
The father, identified as 62-year-old Booker T. Smith, Jr., is facing an aggravated assault charge.
Smith's bond was $10,000.
— Symone Woolridge (@SymoneTV) March 1, 2018
- Father accused of shooting son in Noxubee County
- One injured in Noxubee County shooting
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Boyfriend now behind bars following Noxubee County Shooting
- Some without water in Noxubee County
- Water outage scheduled in Noxubee County
- Noxubee County man dies during morning wreck
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted