NEW HOULKA, Miss. (WTVA) -- One woman has died and another is in critical condition following a traffic accident involving a state-trooper in Chickasaw County this morning.
Shirley Harris, 72, died at the scene of the accident on Highway 32 at County Road 409 around 8:30 a.m.
Troopers say Harris was driving the car when it collided with the trooper's SUV.
MHP says the trooper suffered minor injuries in the accident.
Harris's passenger, Ruth Clippard, 72 is in critical condition at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The accident remains under investigation.
Harris's family members say she loved spending time with her daughters and grand-children.
- Grandmother dies, one critical injured in trooper-involved accident
- UPDATE: Family identifies grandmother injured in Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Investigation into accident involving bicycle continues
- Children not injured in school bus accident
- Man serving time in trooper's death dies in prison
- EMCC football player dies in car accident
- No injuries in Pontotoc County accident involving Amish buggy
- One injured following accident on Barnes Crossing Extended
- Man dies following officer-involved shooting in Grenada County
- Third person dies from injuries in weekend accident