JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — The Mississippi Department of Corrections says Crime Stoppers is offering up to $2,500 for any information about an escaped state inmate.
The department said in a news release Monday that 37-year-old Eugene Robinson fled from the George County Regional Correctional Facility in Lucedale after tying up an officer and stealing the officer's 2000 GMC Sonoma truck.
The news release says Robinson is serving a total of 30 years for armed robbery in Choctaw County and burglary in Oktibbeha County. He has been in prison since 2003.
- Crime Stoppers offers reward for info about escaped inmate
- Crime Stoppers seeks help in three cases
- Inmate escapes Marshall County jail
- Rewards offered following burglary of City Pawn
- Reward offered In Webster County shooting
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- THE MIKE FILES: How do inmates escape?
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- UPDATE: Reward offered following fatal Thanksgiving Day shooting
- Reward being offered for arrest of Pontotoc dog shooter