LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A couple is accused of using a man's kindness to go on a shopping spree.
April Richardson, 39, and Jeremy Vasser, 41, were both arrested on Wednesday, July 11 by Lowndes County deputies.
According to Lowndes County Investigator Greg Wright, the victim previously met the couple at a restaurant on Highway 45. The victim reportedly felt sympathy for the couple.
The victim said he had been driving the couple around.
Investigators say Vasser eventually contacted the victim and asked to stay the night. The victim agreed, and the couple are accused of stealing the victim's property while he was asleep. The items included a car, cash and a debit card.
The couple was arrested at the checkout line at Walmart.
The two purchased more than $200 worth of items at the Columbus Walmart.
Vasser is charged with felony taking a motor vehicle and ID fraud.
Richardson faces the same charges, along with burglary, parole violation and possession of a controlled substance.
Both remain the Lowndes County jail.
- Couple accused of stealing from man while he slept
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- Woman accused of stealing dog
- Mississippi man accused of stealing school security funds
- Men accused of stealing in Columbus
- Man sentenced for stealing lawn care equipment
- Man sentenced for stealing Indian artifacts
- Five arrested in Monroe County accused of stealing asphalt
- Men accused of stealing from Tishomingo County boats
- Sheriff: Stop Stealing Stop Signs