COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - No criminal activity is suspected in a Monday shooting in Columbus.
Columbus police responded to Juanita Street in east Columbus Monday where they found a 20-year old man suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg. His injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening.
Later, Columbus police updated by stating the victim admits he accidentally shot himself in the leg. He is recovering.
"No criminal activity was involved," Columbus police stated.
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Columbus shooting outside mall
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Police investigate Columbus High School vandalism
- Columbus police investigating Thursday night incident
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus