WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Three men are behind bars after robbing a family inside their home in Clay County and investigators are searching for another suspect.
Emmett Buchanan, 43, Clarence Mitchell, 22, and Hakeem Upchurch, 21, all from Houston, sit behind bars at the Clay County Jail. Bond has been set for each suspect at $1.2 million. They are all charged with burglary of a dwelling, armed robbery and five counts of kidnapping.
Investigators say four armed men assaulted a homeowner in the Pine Bluff community in western Clay County then his wife and four small children, all under the age of 10, were locked inside of a closet. The men got away with over $1,100.
Sheriff Scott said they know who the fourth suspect is and are searching for him now but they might be releasing a photo and name of that man soon to get the public’s help.
- Clay County investigators search for fourth robbery suspect
- UPDATE: Man wanted as fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping, armed robbery
- Fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping faces extradition
- MBN searching for Clay County man who fled from arrest
- Day two of search in Clay County for missing woman
- Clay County collision kills one
- Clay County Kidnapping Suspect Goes Before Michigan Judge
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made in Booneville armed robbery
- Suspect in Pittsboro robbery arrested