WINSTON COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Officials with the Winston County Sheriff's Office say the man wanted for allegedly killing his wife and injuring his son has been captured.
Fred Eiland was caught by deputies just before 7:00 Saturday night on Mount Olive Road, according to Chief Deputy Keith Alexander.
Eiland is accused of setting fire to a storage shed with his family living inside, Alexander says. The incident happened Friday night.
"They found one subject had been burned really bad and possibly another victim inside deceased," Alexander says.
Investigators did not say why Eiland's wife and children were living inside the storage shed. Neighbors tell WTVA they believe she was hiding from Eiland.
Eiland faces charges for arson, murder and aggravated assault, according to Alexander.
- Man captured, accused of arson, murder
- UPDATE: Man arrested for Houston High School vandalism, arson
- Former Alabama firefighter sentenced for arson
- Arson investigation underway at Winston County church
- U.S. Marshals capture Illinois fugitive
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- UPDATE: Rankin County escapee captured
- Alabama inmate captured hours after escape
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture