BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is charged with capital murder in connection with Saturday morning's fatal home explosion in Bruce.
Police identify the suspect as Tony Williams Thomas of Bruce.
Chief Tony Sockwell says a state fire investigator, the gas company and insurance agents found a gas valve in the home had been opened.
Sockwell adds that the victim, Johnny Baker, identified Thomas as a suspect before dying.
Law enforcement does not have a motive for the crime.
Police say Thomas also is charged with aggravated assault for cutting someone Saturday night.
- Capital murder charge filed in connection with Bruce home explosion
- Explosion in Bruce, murder or gas leak?
- Charges filed against telemarketers
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Two charged in connection to Yazoo County murder
- New information on teens charged with capital murder
- Two teens charged with capital murder released on bond
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Court upholds ruling in capital murder appeal
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture