CALHOUN CITY, Miss. (WTVA) - Calhoun City Police Chief Tito Lopez says Tevon Hall shot Taurus Shaw twice at his home just a few weeks ago.
Shaw was sent to the hospital with wounds in the hand and in the stomach.
Lopez says he was told last Thursday that Shaw was still in the hospital.
One Calhoun City resident said that he is worried for residents, with a shooter on the run.
"Especially our older citizens who are, some of them are sheddy and some of them live alone, and I'm sure they may be a little worried or scared," said David Keeton.
Another resident who said he knew Hall, said that he isn't very afraid.
"I know one thing whatever's gonna happen gonna happen. I can't be scared to live because of what's going on," Vance McCaster.
Keeton, who owns a gas station, says he takes precautions due to the increasing amount of crime in town.
"I lock the doors as soon as I come in, you know to keep somebody. I don't open up until traffic starts flowing or customers start coming in," said Keeton.
- Calhoun City shooter is still on the run
- UPDATE: Man wanted for Calhoun City shooting
- Gas leak reported in Calhoun City
- Calhoun City Police Chief Tito Lopez retiring
- Interim police chief announced in Calhoun City
- Shooter on the run in Ecru
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Off-duty Calhoun City officer injured in ATV wreck
- Calhoun City police search for grocery store thief
- Police Chief: Suspect captured in Calhoun City shooting