BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) – Bruce Police Chief Stan Evans died Friday following a battle with cancer.
He served the Bruce community as police chief since 2006 and served in law enforcement for 25 years.
Fellow law enforcement officer Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan went to Facebook to express his sadness.
“RIP Chief. We will have the watch from here on,” posted Pollan.
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Last call said for late Bruce police chief at funeral
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Dr. "Bill" Cannon dies from extended illness
- Houston football player dies after feeling ill
- Macon police chief demoted
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Gun found at Bruce High School