BRUCE, Miss (WTVA) -- The City of Bruce has a new police chief.
Tony Sockwell was hired during a board of alderman meeting Tuesday evening.
Sockwell has been part of the bruce police department since 2008.
He says he feels very thankful for the chance to serve as chief.
Stockwell takes over as chief following the recent death of Stan Evans in November.
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Last call said for late Bruce police chief at funeral
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Columbus police close to hiring assistant chief, CID leader
- Macon police chief demoted
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Gun found at Bruce High School
- Bruce mayor recovering in Memphis hospital