CAIRO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Holcut-Cairo Water Association has issued a boil water notice for some of its customers in Prentiss and Tishomingo County.
System officials say a broken water line has caused them to issue the notice for customers north of the Highway 365 and Highway 356 intersection.
Residents should bring water to a rapid boil for at least one minute before drinking.
The water system says the notice will remain in effect until testing shows the water meets state regulatory standards.
- Broken water line leads to boil water notice
- UPDATE: Boil-water notice lifted for Belmont
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Hatley
- UPDATE: MSU boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Eupora boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Vardaman
- UPDATE: Cadaretta boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Lafayette County boil water notice lifted