BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Booneville man was charged with the possession cocaine following a traffic stop.
On February 8, the Prentiss County Sheriff's Department arrested John A. Nunn, 56, of Booneville. The sheriff's department says he was found to be in possession of cocaine.
Because of the investigation, he was charged with two counts of sale of a controlled substance.
His bond was set at $100,000.
This arrest led to a separate incident in which an officer was dragged by a fleeing vehicle.
Following Nunn's arrest, officers conducted a search at Nunn's residence. While officers were obtaining a search warrant, two officers secured the residence.
Two men in a gray Dodge Charger approached the officers, which led to one officer being dragged as the Charger fled the scene.
The officer suffered minor injuries as a result.
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Prairie man arrested for cocaine
- Tupelo police arrest man for cocaine possession
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Two arrested in Booneville for separate burglaries
- ATV theft leads to arrest in Booneville
- Man sentenced for sale of crack cocaine
- Booneville man accused of choking, assaulting woman