BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Prentiss County grand jury is waiting to hear a case against a man accused of assaulting a woman in Booneville.
On April 30, Booneville police responded to a reported disturbance call on Jones Cove.
Police say they found a man and a woman at the location who appeared to have been in a physical altercation.
The investigation led to the arrest of Christopher Shane McKinney, 29, of Booneville, for aggravated domestic violence.
Police say evidence showed the woman had been choked, as well as hit several times.
The woman victim was taken to the hospital and later released.
McKinney's bond was set at $25,000.
- Booneville man accused of choking, assaulting woman
- Man accused of choking woman in Lowndes County
- Booneville man accused of possessing child porn
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman
- Booneville man charged with rape, sexual assault on 12-year-old
- Booneville man arrested for cocaine
- Booneville man charged with burglary
- Baldwyn man accused of making cyber threat in Booneville
- UPDATE: Booneville woman no longer missing
- Booneville man charged with local burglaries