JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - There's a significant drop in the rate that shows just how bad the flu is in Mississippi.
The Mississippi State Department of Health says the flu-like illness rate for Mississippi is down to 5.5 percent for the week ending February 24.
It's the fourth straight week the rate has fallen and is well below the more than 12 percent, which was the peak for the flu season, that was recorded during the Christmas-New Year's holiday period.
- Big drop for Mississippi's flu-like illness rate
- Rate of flu-like illness down in Mississippi
- Mississippi's flu rate goes back up
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- Mississippi flu rate stays same from last year
- 'Roseanne' return draws big rating
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.6 percent
- Homicide rate drops in Columbus in 2017
- Alabama jobless rate drops to 3.7 percent
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths