TIPPAH COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – An autopsy has yet to be performed on the body found last week in Tippah County.
The body was found on December 23 off Highway 15 in Ripley.
Tippah County Coroner Chris McCallister says they believe it is the body of David Rust, of Ripley, who has been missing since December 8.
On Friday, McCallister said an autopsy has not yet been performed due to back up in work at the state forensic lab.
He says an autopsy is expected next week.
- Autopsy to reveal ID of Tippah County body
- Body found in Tippah County
- UPDATE: Autopsy results expected soon for Pontotoc County bodies
- Tippah County sex offender wanted by state
- One dead in fatal crash in Tippah County
- Tippah County fire that killed twins ruled accidental
- Tippah County Hospital chosen to receive technical assistance
- Tippah County Hospital selected to receive technical assistance
- UPDATE: Guilty verdict handed down in Tippah County murder trial
- Tippah Co. residents celebrate Memorial Day