Photo Gallery 2 Images
Update 06/21/18 11:50 a.m. - Martha Ann Poss appeared before a judge Thursday morning where her bond was set at $100,000.
See the original post below.
JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation has canceled the Amber Alert for a little girl from Clay County.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says five-year-old Baylee Elizabeth Emison has been found and is safe.
The Amber Alert came to an end just hours after it was issued early Thursday morning.
Information released in the alert overnight say the child was with Martha Ann Poss and was last seen around 9:15 last night on Highway 50.
Scott says Poss is now in custody and is charged with kidnapping and taking of a motor vehicle.
According to WTVA's news partner The Daily Times Leader, Poss is the child's grandmother. WTVA is working to confirm the custodial nature of the case.
The newspaper reports she pleaded not guilty.
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping, rape suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for sexual assault suspect
- UPDATE: Louisville murder suspect returned, bond set
- UPDATE: Bond set for Verona shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- Fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping faces extradition
- Clay County Kidnapping Suspect Goes Before Michigan Judge
- UPDATE: Man wanted as fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping, armed robbery