JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Alabama U.S. Senator Doug Jones will speak to Mississippi Democrats next Saturday.
Jones will be the keynote speaker for the party's Hamer-Winter Dinner at the Brandon Municipal Complex in suburban Jackson.
The dinner is a fundraiser for the Mississippi Democratic Party. General admission tickets are going for $40 each and reserved tables for $500 each.
The former federal prosecutor is a popular figure right now in the Democratic Party by winning last month's special election in a state that generally favors Republicans.
- Alabama U.S. Senator Doug Jones to speak to Mississippi Democrats
- Democrat Doug Jones Wins Alabama Senate Race
- Alabama defeats Mississippi State 31-24
- Senate confirms US attorney for North Mississippi
- Democrat Jones officially declared winner over Roy Moore
- Few options for Roy Moore as Alabama certifies Jones win
- Mississippi senator returning to Capitol Hill after illness
- Mississippi senator back at work, faces questions on health
- New US Marshal confirmed by Senate for northern Mississippi
- Senators reject change to Mississippi school funding formula