MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) - Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey is denying an accusation that she's a lesbian.
In a tweet, she described the accusation as a disgusting lie being pushed by a paid left wing liberal political operative.
The Republican governor is referring to Democratic State Rep. Patricia Todd, the state's only openly gay lawmaker.
My Statement: pic.twitter.com/VynDmm2l6r
— Kay Ivey (@kayiveyforgov) May 16, 2018
Todd posted on social media that someone needs to out Ivey already, that she had heard for years that Ivey's gay.
All this comes as Ivey is running for a full term as governor.
- Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey denies gay accusation
- Alabama high school accused of denying LGBT homecoming float
- Ivey outraises opponents in gubernatorial race
- First Gay Pride Parade in Starkville
- Former Alabama official accused of stalking woman
- Bond denied for man accused of multiple crimes against one person
- Justices won't step into Mississippi gay rights legal fight
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Alabama pill mill doctor accused of illegal prescribing
- Iuka man accused of setting fire in Alabama