MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WTVA) - Alabama Governor Kay Ivey has named a replacement for a local judge who retired.
Attorney Jimmy Daryl Burt was appointed to the bench in Place 1 of the 25th Judicial Circuit, which serves Marion and Winston counties.
Burt replaces John Hodges Bentley.
- Ala. governor names new local judge
- Stunning accusation made against Ala. U.S. Sen. candidate Roy Moore
- Ala. bicyclist dies after hit by police vehicle
- Mississippi judge won't order governor to reopen bridges
- Judge denies appeal request for local inmate
- Mississippi governor names Shad White as new state auditor
- Local cities named some of Mississippi's safest
- Correction: New Judge story
- Local community colleges named to Top 150 list
- Local schools named 'Great Colleges to Work For'