UPDATED on 06/25/18 at 2:47 p.m.: Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grasseree says Trayveon Jackson appeared in court Monday afternoon.
He is charged with first-degree murder with no bond set. He is also charged with aggravated assault and given a $100,000 bond.
Jackson's appointed attorney will schedule a preliminary hearing. Grasseree says the victim that was shot in the leg continues to receive treatment and will have surgery for his injuries on Monday.
See the original post below.
SHUQUALAK, Miss. (WTVA) - One man is dead after a shooting outside of Track Side club in Shuqualak.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says it happened around 11:45 p.m. Friday.
Trayveon Maddox Jackson was arrested accused of killing Lester Brooks, Jr. Brooks died on the scene.
Grassaree says it started out as a fight involving two men and then Jackson got involved. Another man was shot in the leg.
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Winona murder suspect appears in court
- UPDATE: Boyfriend now behind bars following Noxubee County Shooting
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Wanted Noxubee Co. man spotted
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi
- One injured in Noxubee County shooting
- Judge revokes bond for shooting suspect
- Judge: Eupora shooting suspect detained pending trial