Photo Gallery 1 Images
PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A homeowner believes lightning sparked a blaze at a Pontotoc County home.
The house fire happened on Reeder Hill Road late Friday morning.
Firefighters responded to extinguish the attic area.
Ecru, Sherman and Pontotoc firefighters responded.
There were no injuries.
"I was on dialysis when it started, but I was able to get off and we got out okay," said Mark Blankenship.
WTVA's Kayla Thompson is on the scene gathering more information.
- Lightning may be cause of Pontotoc County house fire
- Pontotoc Co. house fire possibly caused by lightning
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Coach's home catches fire after lightning strike
- Lightning strikes apartment building causing fire
- Lightning bolt strikes Lee County home
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- 18-wheeler rolls over in Pontotoc County
- One dead in Pontotoc County wreck