CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was reportedly shot in the head during the morning near the Chickasaw/Lee County line.
Chickasaw County Sheriff Jim Meyers says the person was found in a roadway by a passerby. The scene is on County Line Road near County Road 54.
He says the call came into 911 sometime near 5 a.m.
The victim is identified as Lafayette Copeland, 26, of Tupelo.
Meyers says the victim is in surgery after suffering three gunshot wounds to the head.
According to the sheriff, the victim knows the shooter, but the victim is not revealing the identity.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Chickasaw County Sheriff's Department at 662-456-2339.
This is a developing story and this article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Houston police searching for shooter
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Chickasaw County murder trial
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate
- New K9 Naygood to help Chickasaw County