TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A notorious fugitive on the run for more than a year may be hiding in the Tupelo area.
Bruce Police Chief Tony Sockwell says his department received a credible tip from federal officials that Adrian Golden may be hiding out in the Tupelo-Verona area.
Chief Sockwell wants to shut down street rumors, though.
He says Golden has been telling people he is out on bond. Sockwell says that is not true.
Golden is still wanted in connection with the shooting of his estranged wife on June 1, 2017, in Bruce.
He is wanted for attempted murder.
The victim, Kimberly Sisk, had multiple surgeries since that shooting.
County, state and federal officials have been searching for Golden for more than a year.
The U.S. Marshals tell WTVA officers searched for him last week in Tupelo.
However, when they went to the street where he was supposed to be, Golden wasn't there.
A reward is being offered for information leading to Golden's arrest.
- Calhoun Co. fugitive may be in Tupelo area
- U.S. Marshals capture Illinois fugitive
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- UPDATE: Calhoun County inmate found
- Hunt continues for Tallahatchie County fugitive
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- Noxubee County fugitive arrested in Memphis
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi
- UPDATE: Tennessee fugitive captured in south Alabama