Photo Gallery 5 Images
NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - New Albany police officers recovered nearly 22 pounds of marijuana during a traffic stop on Interstate 22.
The traffic stop happened Tuesday, June 19 sometime near 4:30 p.m.
Officers stopped a small gray sedan that was a rental while it was traveling eastbound.
That's when they found the drugs in the vehicle.
Gary Kirk, 41, of Pontotoc, and 41-year-old Amite Kumar were arrested. Their bonds were set at $30,000 each.
They are both charged with trafficking narcotics.
- New Albany police find large amount of weed during traffic stop
- Officers seize large amount of drugs on I-22
- Two people arrested with large amount of ecstacy
- Police: Stolen firearm found during traffic stop
- Traffic stop turns up methamphetamine, man arrested
- Clay County traffic stop nets four arrests
- Traffic stop leads to drug discovery
- Sheriff: Traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- New Albany police warn of phone scams
- New Albany police investigate burglary at Walgreens