COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Pontotoc woman was arrested for trespassing inside an old school in Columbus.
The arrest happened the morning of Friday, June 15 at the abandoned Lee Middle School on Military Road.
Police say they found the woman inside a hallway after being alerted by a recently-installed alarm system.
The suspect was charged with criminal trespassing.
The woman said she was wanting to take photos of the school after seeing a video of the school's interior on Facebook, police say.
"A 17-minute video was posted on social media two weeks ago when a photographer entered the building without authorization before the alarm system was installed," police stated.
The Columbus Redevelopment Authority is close to completing a deal to sell the school property to a developer for a multi-use residential commercial property.
- Pontotoc woman arrested inside old Columbus school
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc woman found safe
- Columbus woman charged for stabbing
- Arrest made for Columbus shooting
- Bond referendum being held for Pontotoc schools
- Columbus woman arrested on 2 counts of child exploitation
- Columbus woman receives Today Show makeover
- Columbus woman accused of damaging vehicle
- Columbus man accused of assaulting woman