TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A man wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections has been arrested by Tupelo police.
City spokeswoman Leesha Faulkner confirms several police were called to the Love's gas station off McCullough Blvd. and Interstate 22 on Saturday after a 911 call about a man with a gun supposedly holding someone hostage. However, this was proven not true.
Faulkner says police were able to make an arrest after an investigation. It was discovered the person arrested had a warrant out for his arrest by MDOC. He has been charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
Faulkner says there was not an altercation nor resistance, and no one was injured.
We are working to learn the identity of the person arrested. We will continue to provide updates as this story develops.
- Tupelo police discover, arrest man wanted by MDOC
- MDOC remembers former West Point police officer
- Tupelo police seek man wanted for molestation
- MDOC home visit leads to arrest in Tishomingo County
- Tupelo police arrest man for cocaine possession
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- MDOC agreement allows local jail to keep state prisoners
- Former MDOC officer faces charges in Lee County
- MDOC reducing number of inmates at regional facilities