BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Facebook post lands a Calhoun County man in hot water.
The message, "I think Bruce, Mississippi, needs a [expletive] bloodbath" led to an investigation of John Coleman.
Coleman told Bruce police he posted the message on social media Tuesday night because someone was picking on him at work.
Chief Tony Sockwell says Coleman works at Haworth in Bruce.
According to Coleman's Facebook page, he works as a welding robotic operator at the furniture manufacturing facility.
The chief says the company suspended Coleman pending an internal investigation and beefed up security at the facility.
Coleman is not facing any charges but did surrender his gun to law enforcement.
He also apologized on Facebook.
- Facebook post lands Bruce man in hot water
- Man wanted in Bruce following chase
- UPDATE: City of Bruce lifts boil water notice
- Bruce hires new police chief
- Man arrested for late-night shooting in Bruce
- Reward increased for Bruce shooting suspect's capture
- Bruce police chief dies following illness
- Bruce woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- Bruce renames police and fire departments
- Gun found at Bruce High School