OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The investigation into five Venezuelan nationals arrested in Lowndes County with evidence of credit card skimming results in two others facing charges.
According to a federal criminal complaint and affidavit, Cesar A. Salemi-Nicoloso and Kevin Carlos Delgado-Mata face charges of possible credit card skimming at an Oxford bank.
The two were stopped in Union County for speeding on May 12 and arrested for outstanding immigration violations. Also in the car at the time was Javier Alejandro Moline Borroto, one of the five Venezuelans arrested on May 21. He was released.
In the documents a federal agent states that Homeland Security identified Salemi-Nicoloso as a target in skimming investigations in numerous states including Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana and Tennessee.
After further investigation, the federal agent determined that both Salemi-Nicoloso and Delgado-Mata matched surveillance pictures provided by Oxford Police of two suspects involved in the installation or removal of skimming devices from the ATM's at the BancorpSouth branches on Jackson Avenue and South Lamar Boulevard in Oxford.
Also seen in the pictures were Joseph Nicole Vergara Moran, Pavel Isaac Burgos Coronado and Valentina Sybreg Castro Balza, three of the five Venezuelans arrested in Lowndes County.
Tuesday a federal judge in Oxford ordered the two to be detained in the custody of the U.S. Marshals. A preliminary and detention hearing is scheduled for Thursday at 9:00 a.m.
- Two face charges of credit card skimming in Oxford
- Tupelo card skimming suspect arrested
- Memphis woman charged with credit card fraud in Oxford
- Tupelo man charged with credit card fraud in Oxford
- Federal judge detains Venezuelans accused of having evidence of credit card skimming
- Oktibbeha County investigators seek identities in credit card fraud case
- Amory man arrested on credit card fraud warrant
- Tupelo police look to ID credit card theft suspects
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford