DENHAM SPRINGS, La. (WTVA) - According to Louisiana authorities, a Tupelo man was found dead alongside a local contractor in Denham Springs during the weekend.
In a press release, the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office said it appears Ted Bourn of Tupelo and contractor Beaux Bailey exchanged gunfire, killing each other. They were found dead at Bailey's home Sunday morning.
Bailey is listed as the victim. Bourn is listed as the suspect.
The sheriff's office says the initial call to 911 was a home invasion.
"We do not bleieve this was a random home invasion based on the evidence we have now obtained," stated Sheriff Jason Ard. "We believe the suspect intentionally targeted the victim."
The release states authorities are working to determine a motive for the shooting.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson confirms he and investigators assisted Louisiana authorities as detectives visited Bourn's home in Mississippi and collected electronic devices.
Stay with WTVA 9 News for updates on this developing story.
- Tupelo man found dead In Louisiana
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- UPDATE: Tupelo teen found safe
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- Man found dead inside his Baldwyn home
- Man found dead in Lafayette County
- Man pronounced dead at scene of Tupelo rollover
- UPDATED: Homeless pedestrian dead in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe in Tupelo
- Louisiana man charged with sexual assault in Oxford