Photo Gallery 1 Images
WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Two 18-wheelers caught fire in northern West Point.
The scene of the fire was on Highway 45 Alternate at the Chevron station near the old West Point stockyards.
There are no reports of any injuries.
Firemen say they worked the blaze for 30 minutes. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
One of the drivers, Lonnie Taylor, says he quickly grabbed his fire extinguisher.
"All of a sudden, I start seeing sparks everywhere. It was too late for me to use my fire extinguisher. So thats when I ran over and told people to call 911," he said.
The truck next to Taylor's was empty at the time of the fire.
- 18-wheelers catch fire in West Point
- No injuries in 18-wheeler fire
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- 18-wheeler rolls over in Pontotoc County
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- 18-wheeler runs off road near Okolona
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo