JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The former manager of the Columbus-Lowndes County Airport has been arrested for embezzlement.
On Monday, May 21, special agents with the State Auditor's Office arrested Billy Scarborough for embezzlement.
He was served a demand of $14,490.81, which includes interest and investigative costs.
During his time in the position, reports show he obtained more than 2,000 gallons of unleaded and/or diesel fuel from Columbus Public Works, stated the Auditor's Office.
"The fuel was obtained outside the scope of Scarborough's duties as airport manager," stated the State Auditor's Office.
He was released from custody on a $7,500 bond.
The Auditor's Office stated Scarborough had previously been arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department for the alleged theft of airplane parts. This previous arrest is un-related to the new embezzlement arrest.
- Former Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Former Oxford School District business manager charged with embezzlement
- Another arrest made in Starkville embezzlement case
- Former MSU event worker arrested for embezzlement
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Former Burnsville clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Columbus man leads law enforcement on pursuit in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County, Columbus respond to possible school threat
- Accused burglar arrested in Lowndes County