BURNSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms a crash in Tishomingo County left one person dead.
Around 4 p.m. Wednesday, troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of MS 365 and CR 294, north of Burnsville.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall says Donovan Cain, 31, of Iuka, was traveling north in a 2007 Ford F-150 on MS 365 when he apparently pulled into the path of a southbound 2000 Mercury Mountaineer, driven by Crystal Rayburn, 22, of Savannah, TN.
Troopers say Rayburn's vehicle left the roadway and overturned.
Rayburn received serious injuries from the crash and was taken to a local hospital.
Timothy Williams, 45, of Savannah, TN, was ejected from Rayburn's vehicle and was pronounced dead on the scene.
MHP said it appeared Rayburn and Williams were not wearing a seat belt.
The accident remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: One dead in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- Man dies in Tishomingo County crash
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Tishomingo County shooting suspect
- 5 people injured in Tishomingo County single rollover crash
- Mower taken from Tishomingo County business
- State investigates Tishomingo County teacher termination
- Duo face drug charges in Tishomingo County